Our Parochial Church Council is responsible for discerning the vision for life at Holy Redeemer and for working then to organise and administer the work we share together to achieve this.
Our Vision is to be...‘A Place to Connect’
and we believe that this can become a reality by being a Church that is all about... 'Finding, exploring, sharing and celebrating together God’s love as seen in Jesus Christ.'
In practice this means that...
in finding God’s love, together we will:
- open our hearts and minds to see God at work in us and around us
- welcome all who are seeking to know God’s love
- give thanks as we see God at work
in exploring God’s love, together we will:
- be open to learn from the bible, our worship, teaching and prayers and the traditions and experiences of the wider church
- allow ourselves to know God’s will for our lives and how to live them
- test out our faith by putting it into action
in sharing God’s love, together we will:
- value and serve each other
- reach out to neighbours in need
- demonstrate His love through pastoral care
- be a willing witness to our faith
- help God’s Kingdom to grow within us, among us and around us
in celebrating God’s love, together we will:
- spend time in thanks and praise
- share our experience of God at work in our lives
- invite, encourage and welcome others to join us.
In helping to make this Vision a reality for all who belong to Holy Redeemer...
The Fabric and Finance Team: takes the lead role in issues relating to the finance of our activities and maintaining the fabric of the Church and Church Hall to make them fit for purpose. Members of the Team for 2018-2019 are Helen Ashby, Guy Baragwanath (Treasurer), Tim Bell, Rev'd Tony Hand and Becky Philpott (Churchwarden).
The Church Family Team: takes the lead role in promoting and encouraging the social and relational life of the Church Family. The members of the Team for 2018-2019 are Lynn Davies, Rachel Hand, Marion Hoyland and Ken Parkin.
The Worship and Mission Team: takes the lead role in working to enrich our spiritual life, shaping our worship life and planning and implementing our strategy for mission. The members of the Team for 2018-2019 are Lynn Davies, Rachel Hand, Marion Hoyland and Ken Parkin.
Our representative in the Deanery of York is: Rev'd Tony Hand.
When needed the PCC's Standing Committee meets. Members of the Standing Committee for 2018-2019 include Guy Baragwanath (Treasurer), Rev'd Tony Hand, Becky Philpott (churchwarden) and one other representative as available from our PCC Teams.
OUR PCC MEETINGS IN 2019
Wednesday 16th January
Wednesday 20th March
Annual Church Meetings - Sunday 7th April
Wednesday 17th May
Wednesday 17th July
Wednesday 18th September
Wednesday 20th November
December - Annual Review of the Year.
Meetings of the whole PCC will usually be at 7.00pm on the third Wednesday of the month as detailed above.
You can contact the PCC via our contact form.
Alternatively, church members can obtain the contact details for PCC members from our Church address book.