Our Parochial Church Council is responsible for discerning the vision for life at Holy Redeemer and for working then to organise and administer the work we share together to achieve this.
Our Vision is to be...‘A Place to Connect’
and we believe that this can become a reality by being a Church that is all about... 'Finding, exploring, sharing and celebrating together God’s love as seen in Jesus Christ.'
In practice this means that...
in finding God’s love, together we will:
- open our hearts and minds to see God at work in us and around us
- welcome all who are seeking to know God’s love
- give thanks as we see God at work
in exploring God’s love, together we will:
- be open to learn from the bible, our worship, teaching and prayers and the traditions and experiences of the wider church
- allow ourselves to know God’s will for our lives and how to live them
- test out our faith by putting it into action
in sharing God’s love, together we will:
- value and serve each other
- reach out to neighbours in need
- demonstrate His love through pastoral care
- be a willing witness to our faith
- help God’s Kingdom to grow within us, among us and around us
in celebrating God’s love, together we will:
- spend time in thanks and praise
- share our experience of God at work in our lives
- invite, encourage and welcome others to join us.
In helping to make this Vision a reality for all who belong to Holy Redeemer...
The Fabric and Finance Team: takes the lead role in issues relating to the finance of our activities and maintaining the fabric of the Church and Church Hall to make them fit for purpose. Members of the Team for 2016-2017 are Helen Ashby, Guy Baragwanath (Treasurer), Tim Bell, Rev'd Tony Hand and Ken Parkin (Churchwarden).
The Church Family Team: takes the lead role in promoting and encouraging the social and relational life of the Church Family. The members of the Team for 2016-2017 are Lynn Davies, Rev'd Tony Hand and Matthew Parkin.
The Worship and Mission Team: takes the lead role in working to enrich our spiritual life, shaping our worship life and planning and implementing our strategy for mission. The members of the Team for 2016-2017 are Rachel Hand, Rev'd Tony Hand and Marion Hoyland.
Our representatives in the Deanery of York are; Mike Burkett and Rev'd Tony Hand.
When needed the PCC's Standing Committee meets. Members of the Standing Committee for 2016-2017 include Guy Baragwanath (Treasurer), Rev'd Tony Hand, Ken Parkin (churchwarden) and one other representative as available from our PCC Teams.
OUR PCC MEETINGS IN 2016
Thursday 21st January
February – Team Meetings
Thursday 17th March
Thursday 14th April - Annual Meetings
Thursday 19th May
Thursday 30th June
Thursday 21st July
August - no formal meeting
Thursday 15th September
Thrusday 20th October
Thursday 17th November
December - Annual Review of the Year.
Meetings of the whole PCC will usually be at 7.30pm on the 3rd Thursday of the month as detailed above.
You can contact the PCC via our contact form.
Alternatively, church members can obtain the contact details for PCC members from our Church address book.