Our Parochial Church Council (PCC) is responsible for discerning the vision for life at Holy Redeemer and for working then to organise and administer the work we share together to achieve this. There are currently 4 vacancies for PCC members. If you would like to know more about serving as a PCC Trustee please ask any member of the council for more information.
Our Vision is to be...‘A Place to Connect’
and we believe that this can become a reality by being a Church that is all about... 'Finding, exploring, sharing and celebrating together God’s love as seen in Jesus Christ.'
In practice this means that...
in finding God’s love, together we will:
- open our hearts and minds to see God at work in us and around us
- welcome all who are seeking to know God’s love
- give thanks as we see God at work
in exploring God’s love, together we will:
- be open to learn from the bible, our worship, teaching and prayers and the traditions and experiences of the wider church
- allow ourselves to know God’s will for our lives and how to live them
- test out our faith by putting it into action
in sharing God’s love, together we will:
- value and serve each other
- reach out to neighbours in need
- demonstrate His love through pastoral care
- be a willing witness to our faith
- help God’s Kingdom to grow within us, among us and around us
in celebrating God’s love, together we will:
- spend time in thanks and praise
- share our experience of God at work in our lives
- invite, encourage and welcome others to join us.
In helping to make this Vision a reality for all who belong to Holy Redeemer...
The Fabric and Finance Team: takes the lead role in issues relating to the finance of our activities and maintaining the fabric of the Church and Church Hall to make them fit for purpose. Members of the Team for 2021-2022 are Helen Ashby, Guy Baragwanath (Treasurer), Rev'd Simon Biddlestone, Michael Lassetter (Churchwarden) Becky Philpott (Churchwarden), Steve Foster and Rob Philpott.
The Church Family Team: takes the lead role in promoting and encouraging the social and relational life of the Church Family. The members of the Team for 2021 - 2022 are Rev'd Simon Biddlestone, Lynn Davies, Ally Foster, Becky Philpott and Matthew Parkin.
The Worship and Mission Team: takes the lead role in working to enrich our spiritual life, shaping our worship life and planning and implementing our strategy for mission. The members of the Team for 2021-2022 are Rev'd Simon Biddlestone, Lynn Davies, Ally Foster, Becky Philpott and Matthew Parkin.
Our Church Family and Worship and Mission teams are currently working together until vacancies on the PCC are filled.
Our representatives in the Deanery of York are: Mr Steve Foster, Mr Matthew Parkin and the Rev'd Simon Biddlestone.
When needed the PCC's Standing Committee meets. Members of the Standing Committee for 2019-2020 include Guy Baragwanath (Treasurer), the Rev'd Simon Biddlestone, Becky Philpott (churchwarden), Michael Lassetter (churchwarden), and one other representative as available from our PCC Teams.